GASGAS Factory Racing’s Andrea Verona has clinched this year’s AKRAPOVIC Super Test series at the penultimate round of the WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship in Hungary. Taking it in style with a win, the Italian set the fastest time tonight in Zalaegerszeg.
- Andrea Verona wraps up the AKRAPOVIC Super Test series at GP of Hungary
- The Italian was fastest tonight, with Wil Ruprecht and Josep Garcia second and third
- A full crowd of spectators watched the action unfold
Always a crowd-pleaser, the AKRAPOVIC Super Test for round six of the WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship in Zalaegerszeg, Hungary got the weekend’s racing off to an exciting start.
With a virtual grasp on this year’s overall series, Verona was determined to put his name at the top of the standings in Zalaegerszeg and wrap things up with one round to spare.
Putting in a lightning-fast lap, the GASGAS rider powered his way around the tight and twisty course. Setting a time over one second quicker than his rivals, he comfortably took the win.
After securing a double victory last weekend in Slovakia, TM Racing’s Wil Ruprecht carried that high-speed momentum into Hungary and clocked the second fastest time of the night. Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Josep Garcia was hot on his heels to complete the top three.
Always a top performer in the AKRAPOVIC Super Test, Husqvarna’s Alex Salvini was fourth, with Sweden’s Albin Elowson (Husqvarna) completing the top five.
Andrea Verona (GASGAS):
“Winning the AKRAPOVIC Super Test series is an awesome way to start the weekend. I’ve really enjoyed racing the super test this year and feel like I’ve improved a lot in it. I won two rounds and always finished inside the top four, so I’m happy about that. Although it’s a short test, it’s difficult to master. There’s no warm-up, the body is cold and there are a lot of spectators watching, so it’s tough to perform in.”
Results: Rd6 – GP of Hungary AKRAPOVIC Super Test
- Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:36.02
- Wil Ruprecht (TM Racing) 1:37.25
- Josep Garcia (KTM) 1:37.99
- Alex Salvini (Husqvarna) 1:38.48
- Albin Elowson (Husqvarna) 1:38.65
- Steve Holcombe (Beta) 1:39.04
- Brad Freeman (Beta) 1:39.11
- Antoine Magain (Sherco) 1:39.18
- Mikael Persson (Husqvarna) 1:39.40
- Nathan Watson (Honda) 1:39.79
AKRAPOVIC Super Test Series Standings (After round 6)
- Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 98pts
- Josep Garcia (KTM) 74pts
- Brad Freeman (Beta) 70pts
- Thomas Oldrati (Honda) 61pts
- Zach Pichon (Sherco) 52pts