Beta Factory Racing’s Brad Freeman laid down a stormer in Friday’s AKRAPOVIC Super Test at the GP of Slovakia to take an early lead at round five of the WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship in Gelnica.
The Brit topped the time sheets by over one second from championship leader Andrea Verona (GASGAS), with Steve Holcombe (Beta) also showing well for third.
- EnduroGP of Slovakia gets underway with AKRAPOVIC Super Test
- Brad Freeman posts the fastest time of the night in Gelnica
- Championship leader Andrea Verona starts strong with second quickest time
- Zach Pichon tops the classification in Enduro Junior
Always an exciting start to each round, the AKRAPOVIC Super Test in Gelnica didn’t disappoint as round five of the WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship got underway in fine style. A full house of spectators watched on as competitors battled the technical course.
Keen to put his recent run of injuries behind him, Beta’s Brad Freeman was on a mission tonight. The defending EnduroGP champ showed his raw speed and determination are back as he powered his way to the fastest time by well over one second.
GASGAS Factory Racing’s Andrea Verona enters Slovakia with the points lead in hand and was quick to position himself at the sharp end of the result sheet. He finished second to Freeman. Also looking like he’s returning to his best, Beta’s Steve Holcombe was both equally smooth and fast around the AKRAPOVIC Super Test to place third.
Placing just over one tenth of a second behind Holcombe, Honda RedMoto World Enduro’s Thomas Oldrati was fourth. Back in business having missed round four in Portugal due to injury, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Josep Garcia was just two hundredths of a second slower than Oldrati for fifth.
In the Enduro Junior category, Team Sherco CH Racing’s Zachary Pichon put in a near-perfect ride to top the classification by almost two seconds. Spain’s Alejandro Navarro took second, with Sweden’s Max Ahlin in third.
Beta’s Leo Joyon will be pleased with his efforts tonight, going fastest in the Enduro Youth class. Albert Fontova (KTM) ended his night in second, with fellow Spaniard Alex Puey (KTM) third.
2022 WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship GP of Slovakia
Results (Overall) – Akrapovic Super Test
- Brad Freeman (Beta) 1:31.78
- Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:33.21
- Steve Holcombe (Beta) 1:34.08
- Thomas Oldrati (Honda) 1:34.21
- Josep Garcia (KTM) 1:34.23
- Matteo Cavallo (TM Racing) 1:34.36
- Leo Le Quere (Sherco) 1:35.19
- Alex Salvini (Husqvarna) 1:35.57
- Wil Ruprecht (TM Racing) 1:35.88
- Theophile Espinasse (Beta) 1:35.96