Finishing just 0.20 seconds ahead of his closest competitor, Spain’s Josep Garcia (KTM) has topped the timesheet at the GP of Portugal’s Friday night Akrapovic Super Test. Putting in a fast, aggressive, and mistake-free ride aboard his 350cc KTM, Josep did just enough to put his name at the top of the night’s results.
- KTM’s Josep Garcia tops GP of Portugal Akrapovic Super Test
- Less than one second covered the overall top four riders
- Spectacular river-side location for second Akrapovic Super Test of 2022
Behind Garcia, it was Enduro1 class protagonists Andrea Verona (GASGAS) and veteran Italian Thomas Oldrati (Honda) who duked it out for second and third with Oldrati getting the better of his younger countryman, but only just. With Wil Ruprecht (TM) getting himself close to the top of the overall results in fourth, the four riders were separated by less than one second.
Close racing continued further down the results as Britain’s Nathan Watson (Honda) posted the fifth fastest. Next up was Enduro Youth rider Leo Joyon (Beta) and Enduro Junior rider Zach Pichon (Sherco), followed by Alejandro Navarro (Beta). Rounding out the overall top 10 were McCanney brothers Daniel (Sherco) and Jamie (Husqvarna).
With Magnorange FIM Women’s Enduro World Championship leader Jane Daniels (Fantic) recording the fourth-fastest time, it was Spain’s Mireia Badia (Rieju) who finished fastest, ahead of Portugal’s Rita Vieira (Yamaha) and Rosie Rowett (KTM) from Great Britain.
In the Enduro Junior category, Zach Pichon (Sherco) continued his impressive debut enduro form, posting the fastest class time. Finishing 0.08 seconds ahead of Spain’s Alejandro Navarro (Beta), the two were joined by Eric Francisco (KTM) who delivered the third-fastest EJ time.
Frenchman Leo Joyon (Beta) topped the timesheets in the Enduro Youth class with a highly impressive time of 1:27.61. Fantic duo Kevin Cristino and Harry Edmondson posted the second and third fastest EY times respectively.
2022 WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship GP of Portugal
Results (Overall) – Akrapovic Super Test
- Josep Garcia (KTM) 1:25.97;
- Thomas Oldrati (Honda) 1:26.17;
- Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:26.32;
- Wil Ruprecht (TM) 1:26.93;
- Nathan Watson (Honda) 1:27.33;
- Leo Joyon (Beta) 1:27.61;
- Zachary Pichon (Sherco) 1:27.72;
- Alejandro Navarro (Beta) 1:27.80;
- Daniel Mccanney (Sherco) 1:27.81;
- Jamie Mccanney (Husqvarna) 1:27.96
Please click here for full results